Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Wedding Ceremony and Reception

This final smattering of photos from our wedding weekend were taken by Adam Pratt during the ceremony and reception. Both Tim's dad and mine are pastors, and it was so special that they were able to perform our ceremony together. My dad entirely reworked the ceremony two nights before so it'd be just right for Tim and I. We had both the ceremony and reception in the lodge at Morrow Mountain State Park, the same park where Tim and I were engaged 7 months prior.

I'm still overwhelmed with gratitude to every one who came together to make our wedding day happen. We had a very limited budget as far as weddings nowadays go (I believe we stayed under $5000 - talk to me if you want to know how!) Throughout the planning process I grew a lot in my understanding of what should be important in a wedding celebration - at the end of the day, it isn't the choice of chairs or napkins or even location that really matters. And it's much more than throwing a great party for your friends. More than anything, I'd like to think our wedding day was a celebration of all that God has done to bring Tim and I together. Looking back at each of our stories, we see how clearly He orchestrated everything in order for us to be together. For that I am grateful. Every day.











I found this old book at a thrift store in my home town and decided to make it into our guest book by sewing the pages together and covering the words with paper our guests could write on.










After we left, this was the final photo Adam took of our wedding weekend. I needed to include it just to prove that our friends are the best. They even stayed after our reception to make sure everything got all cleaned up :)

4 comments:

  1. Emily. I love you too. LOVE you actually. Like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooaaaa.... mayyybe we should live in the Northwest together. Like, this fall? Ok, great, see you there.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could put into words how excited I am for you to be closer to us.
    Yesssssssssss.

    ReplyDelete