Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Momma Kroll Visits Seattle!

This past weekend Tim's mom flew out from Maryland to visit us here in Seattle. She and I kept this trip a secret from Tim for nearly two months while we weighed the possibilities and then she was finally able to buy a ticket. We had a great time showing her around the city - our new home, all the fun touristy attractions such as Pike Place Market and the Fremont Troll and the Ballard Locks, and of course our favorite donut place. It was a really sweet time of sharing with her what our life looks like out here. Lately we've been really feeling the distance between Seattle and our parents on the other side of the country, so it was the perfect timing.

There was a moment this weekend when the three of us were cooking in the kitchen together and I had an overwhelming desire to thank Vivian for Tim. It might sound weird, but at that moment it struck me how SO much of who Tim is today is because of who Vivian and Jeff are and how they raised Tim and his brothers. I happened to be hugging Tim when this struck me, and I looked over at Vivian and said "Thank you for this boy. I love him a LOT." Those were the only words I could muster in that moment, but despite their simplicity I hope the depth of what I meant still carried through.















No comments:

Post a Comment