Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grant and Lainie's Wedding

Lainie and Grant have got it. They are so in love with each other and it shows. I’m so grateful that I was able to shoot their wedding in North Carolina even though it was only two weeks before my own - I never would have guessed that the two of us childhood friends would be getting married so close to each other! Spending the day with Lainie and Grant and all of their family and friends was an honor. I always love being behind the scenes on wedding days – each one is so different, and I love the details that make each one unique. Lainie and Grant were amazingly relaxed on their wedding day considering the weather didn’t cooperate at all with their outdoor wedding plans. At the very last minute they had to concede and move the ceremony indoors, but it was beautiful nonetheless. The party afterwards lasted far into the night before Grant and Lainie departed on a speedboat :)

For those of you in Albemarle, Lainie’s wedding was held at Tahoma Retreat, and her hair and makeup done by her friends at West Creek Salon.










Lainie and Grant didn't want to see each other before the ceremony, but it was a close call.




The groomsmen and I snagged the one moment that it wasn’t raining (much) to run outside and take a few shots before the sky cut loose again.




Grant's mom gave Lainie his baby bonnet to carry with her on her wedding day. Adorable :)







Lainie and Grant made the last-minute decision over the phone to move their ceremony indoors



Dancing down the aisle to "Forever" by Chris Brown




Grant and his mom Tracy had the sweetest mother-son dance I've ever seen.












1 comment:

  1. I don't care if I AM a little biased - and who cares that it rained? This was THE wedding of the year (excepting yours, of course, Asharae :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete