Thursday, October 14, 2010

Because God is...

A few words I've been encouraged by recently:

"God does not interrupt his redemptive providences every time we lose sight of his ways in order to explain and prove what he is doing. He does not take time out to demonstrate the truth of his word every time we grow impatient. As a result we are sometimes plunged into obscurity - all dryness and doubts - and fear we can't make it. Nevertheless, because God is, we can." (From Prayer with the Psalms by Eugene Peterson)

I often find myself getting impatient and saying, "Lord, do what you will and do it in your timing, but do it now please." Hah! And yet he's taught me over and over that He's got it under control. I'll add patience to the list of things I'm learning right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment