Monday, September 20, 2010

Seattle Road Trip

In the past couple months, Tim and I have driven over 5,000 miles together. The most recent leg of our travels was from Chicago, down through Colorado, up to Seattle. I haven’t driven across the western part of the United States since I was a child during one of our long family road trips, and I’d nearly forgotten how spectacular the scenery is. During each of those trips, I distinctly remember my dad telling my brother and I to set down our books or video games and look out the window at what was around us. We’d groan and put down whatever was in our hands only to be amazed at what was on the other side of the glass. I’m so thankful he did that – it’s given me a much deeper appreciation for the shape of the land and for the hand that created it.

On this trip, we drove down to Colorado to stay for a couple nights with our friends Zach and Janlee before heading toward Seattle. Nearly all of these photos were taken in Colorado, and I’ve decided that if Seattle doesn’t work out, I really wouldn’t mind moving there ;)







Janlee took this one for us :)



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you have a blog.

    I miss you!

    Hope Seattle is lovely... phone date soon? xoxo

    ReplyDelete