Friday, September 17, 2010

Ryan and Abby's Engagement

A few days before Tim and I left Wheaton, we did an impromptu engagement shoot with Ryan and Abby. Ryan was the very first person I met at Wheaton, when we started college as wide-eyed freshmen, ready for an adventure. He’s been a good friend to me throughout our four years, and I’m so excited to shoot his and Abby’s wedding in Colorado this coming June with Tim. Abby is a new friend and kindred creative soul who I’m excited to get to know even better. Abby studied in Australia this past semester, so I didn’t get a chance to meet her until the end of the summer. I was so excited for them to be engaged and I didn’t have a need for my bridal magazines anymore, so I gifted them all to her, happy to share the wealth :)

When couples get engaged at Wheaton, the tradition is to ring the bell at the top Blanchard Hall and write your names or leave a little trinket in the tower. When Ryan and Abby invited us to join them for their trip “Up the Tower,” we were quick to ask if we could shoot some photos for them beforehand. They arrived fully clad in Wheaton attire, perfect for an on-campus shoot! Ryan is leaving the Wheaton area for additional ROTC training in Georgia while Abby stays to finish up her senior year. We wanted Ryan to have some photos to carry with him as he went, since he and Abby won’t be seeing each other for a while. Ryan and Abby - our prayers are with the two of you while you’re apart, that you would only grow closer to each other and to the Lord as He prepares you for marriage.















No comments:

Post a Comment