Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This is home.

This morning I went on a walk around our neighborhood to take advantage of the sunshine I spotted poking out from behind the clouds. The weather-lady on the news instructed me that if I wanted to enjoy the sun, now was my chance, as it's going to be gone later this afternoon with the incoming rain. Her doomsday speech was enough to get me out of the apartment to enjoy the flowering trees, the sound of the birds, and the breeze coming off the Puget sound. Thank you, weather-lady.

Throughout this season that Tim and I are in, going on walks has been our way of processing through much of what we're learning. Some of my favorite memories of our time in Seattle has been walking around the neighborhood with my husband, sharing what happened in our day, dreaming about where we want to go in the future, and loving on each other through the gift of listening to one another. I'm so grateful to be on this adventure with my best friend - I tell him that nearly every day. He knows exactly how to support me, how to listen when I need to talk, how to comfort me when I'm down, and how to push me and encourage me to grow. For all those things, I am grateful. These photos are from some of the walks we've taken throughout the past few months. Enjoy some Seattle neighborhood details :)









No comments:

Post a Comment